Take a moment to make sure you’re prepared for your Bryant® dealer’s visit. Following this simple checklist before your appointment will help your Bryant dealer get straight to servicing your system.
- Know where all of the heating and cooling units are in your home.
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
- Check your air filter. A dirty air filter is a common cause of problems.
- Write down the model number of all your Bryant products.
- Be ready to explain clearly what problems you’ve had.
- Know when your problems began.
- Make sure the system is accessible by the dealer, including units in crawl spaces or attics.
- Put pets in a separate room.
- Make sure an adult (18 years or older) is home to let your dealer in.
- Be prepared to answer the phone. Many technicians call when they’re on the way.
- If you rent, make sure you have permission to have your system serviced.
- If your heat pump is frozen, shut it off before the technician arrives so it’s thawed and ready for service.
- Have information on all prior services performed on your system readily available.
- Be prepared to make a payment to the dealer.
Content used from Bryant website